for 8 servings
- 2 ripe bananas
sugar (200 g)
unsalted butter, melted, plus 1 tablespoon (130 g)
flour (95 g)
cocoa powder, plus 1 tablespoon(40 g)
creamy peanut butter (120 g
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, use a fork to mash the bananas. Add the sugar, ½ cup (115 g) of butter, and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and cocoa powder, and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Use the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to grease a 9×9-inch (23×23 cm) baking tray.
- Use the remaining 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to dust every side of the baking tray.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Use a spoon to add dollops of peanut butter on top of the batter. Use a butter knife to swirl the peanut butter into the brownie batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until center no longer jiggles when pan is shaken.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.