- 1 cup thin bulgur wheat,
- 1/2 cup semolina,
- 1,5 cups water,
- 1 egg,
- 1/2 cup flour,
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste,
- Salt, black pepper, cumin, all spice.
- 3 tomatoes,
- 4 cloves garlic,
- 1/3 cup olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses,
- Dried mint, red pepper flakes.
- 1 cup yogurt,
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- Minced dill to sprinkle on top.
- Place the bulgur, somolina and water in a saucepan and cook over very low heat until all the water is absorbed,
- Once the mixture cools down, add the egg, flour, tomato paste and spices, then start mixing with your hands,
- Make small round balls from the mixture and using your finger make a small indent in the center of each ball (this is the traditional shape for fellah kofte and also helps the inside cook well)
- Boil some water in a large pot,
- Boil the meatballs until they start rising on the surface of the water, then remove them from the water using a skimmer spoon,
- For the sauce, heat olive oil in a pan, add crushed garlic and stir for 1 min,
- Now add tomato paste and cook for 2 mins,
- Then add grated tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are softened,
- Add salt, pomegranate molasses, dried mint and red pepper flakes, then remove from heat,
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and stir,
- Sprinkle minced dill on top,
- Serve with garlic and yoghurt mixture.