Ingredients for Apple Pie
- 150 gram butter/margarine, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp yogurt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2-3 apples, shredded,
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup crushed walnuts
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Take shredded apples and 4 Tbsp sugar into a pot and cook until the water is absorbed and the mixture gets viscous. Stir in cinnamon and walnuts. Turn the heat off. Let it cool.
- Meanwhile, in a kneading bowl start mixing sugar and butter/margarine with your hands. Add yogurt, canola oil and other ingredients, respectively.
- Knead the dough until it turns out as soft as cookie dough. Take the half of it and place over a greased oven pan. Fit the dough into the pan by flattening it. Pour the apple mixture over. Then, take the other half of the dough and grab grape size random pieces and throw randomly over the tart. Try to use all the dough evenly on all over the tart.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) and bake until the top gets pink (for about 30-40 minutes).
- Take the apple tart out of the oven and let it cool. Garnish with powdered sugar with a swifter. Slice in squares and serve.
- P.S: I substituded 1 cup of the flour with whole wheat flour.
We will be on our Youtube channel very soon with delicious and quick food recipes. You may subscribe to our channel now to take a seat!