For the meat mixture;
- 600 grams ground beef,
- 1 big onion, finely chopped,
- 1 garlic, crushed and finely chopped,
- 1/2 tablespoon of pepper paste,
- 1/2 tablespoon of tomato paste,
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped,
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- Ground black pepper,
- Red crushed pepper,
- Ground cumin,
- Thyme to taste.
- 2-3 potatoes, quartered and thinly sliced (to taste).
For its above;
- 5 green bell peppers,
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Tray Kebab Recipe
Put the ground beef in a deep bowl. Add the onion, garlic, green pepper and parsley into the bowl.
Then add the pepper paste, tomato paste, vegetable oil, salt and the spices. Knead well with using your hands until all combined thoroughly.
Cover the mixture with cling wrap. And then put it into your fridge for 1 hour.
Put the potatoes into the baking tray. Add the vegetable oil and salt and stir them. Bake them in to the oven at 200°C for 15 – 20 minutes. Remove them from the oven and leave to cool.
Remove the meat mixture from the fridge and spread on to the potatoes. With using your hands, press the meat and spread evenly and thinly.
Place the sliced green peppers and tomatoes on to the meat mixture. Pour the two tablespoons of vegetable oil over the vegetables and kebab.
Bake in the oven at 180°C until the meat and vegetables cooked well.
Serve with plain rice and some plain yogurt, if you like.
The Tray Kebab according to this recipe is for 4 or 5 people.